ROAST SPATCHCOCK WITH HAZELNUT AND ROCKET SALAD
Time: 45 minutes
4x 200g spitchcocks
50g melted butter
8 sprigs of Fresh thyme
4 cloves of garlic, minced
200g pancetta, cut into strips
1 lemon, quartered
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs maple syrup
- Dry the spatchcocks with paper towel. Over a low heat place the butter, thyme leaves and garlic in a small saucepan. Take off the heat once the butter turns warm and golden. Approx 5 minutes.
- Place the spatchcocks in a roasting pan. Stuff a lemon quarter into each spatchcock and generously spoon the flavoured butter over the top. Preheat oven to 180c. Roast for 30 minutes or till the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced.
- Mean while, in a frypan cook the pancetta until golden and crispy.
- For the salad, toast the nuts in a dry frypan till golden. Allow to cool. In a small bowl add the oil, juice and syrup and stir till well combined. In a separate bowl toss the rocket and nuts. Coat generously with the dressing just before serving.
- Once spatchcocks are cooked allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve the spatchcocks topped with the crispy pancetta and a serve of the salad.